Huntington County Federal Credit Union has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.hcfcuonline.org
Privacy Statement for Huntington County Federal Credit Union
Our credit union is dedicated to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with our credit union.
As a member of our credit union, you also have a responsibility to safeguard your financial information.
We use your IP address, browser information, and visit trails, to enhance our website for our customers, administer our Web site and help diagnose problems with our server.
The Huntington County Federal CU Web Site, www.hcfcuonline.org, contains links to other sites. Huntington County Federal Credit Union is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
Our site uses Feedback Forms, and Applications, for customers to request information, products, and services which require users to give us personal information such as: their name, address, phone number, email address. We also collect visitor’s unique identifiers (like their social security number), financial information (like their account or credit card numbers), and demographic information (like their zip code, age, or income level).
Financial information that is collected is used to check the users’ qualifications for obtaining a loan or credit card through Huntington County FCU. Unique identifiers (such as social security numbers) are collected from Web site visitors to verify the user’s identity and for use as account numbers in our record system. Demographic and profile data is also collected and used to help identify our current members and new members.
If applicable, our online surveys/newsletters ask visitors for contact information (like their email address). We may use contact data from our surveys to send the user information about our products and services. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial Service Providers, such as insurance companies.
- Non-financial Companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, plastic card processors, government agencies, and mail-houses.
This site supplements the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties (such as from credit bureau’s).
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We use 128-bit key digital SSL certificates to ensure secure transfer of information data to and from our internet web servers. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- Huntington County FCU does NOT collect online contact information without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, online information will only be used to respond directly to the child’s request and will not be used for other purposes without prior parental consent
- Huntington County FCU does NOT collect personally identifiable offline contact information without prior parental consent
- Huntington County FCU does NOT distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information with out prior parental consent
- Huntington County FCU does NOT give the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent
- Huntington County FCU does NOT entice by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
Huntington County Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines;
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
- You may send mail to the following postal address:
P.O. Box 804, Huntington, IN 46750-0804
- You may call a customer service representative at 260-356-6400.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact
Huntington County Federal Credit Union
1885 Old US 24 E., P.O. Box 804, Huntington, IN 46750-0804